Monday, August 10, 2009

No more pokes, no more tears!


We took Lochlan to the doctor today for what we hoped would be his last biliruben check. The little man handles the poke well, but the squeezing of his little foot doesn't go over very well. The results came back and he was at a level of 11.2 which, for his age.... 7 days old, is low enough that he no longer needs to be checked.
It was a relief to know that he was as healthy as he can be. Next week is his two week well child check up and immunizations appointment. We are definitely looking forward to that one...
On a more sad note... my day did start with some unexpected and very sad news.... A few of my close friends and relatives, (Matt and most recently Hy), will share in my sadness...
Declan came into Kyrie and My bedroom this morning, his usual chipper self. Which I might add is not a trait he received from me. Never in my entire life have I been a happy, alert, and generally in a good mood before the hour of six a.m......
Anyway, he bounces into our room holding one of "his movies" and asks his mommy if he can watch it in our room.... his mother, still exhausted from the nights up and downs, trade offs with myself on the feedings and cuddlings of Lochlan... replies... please go downstairs and watch it on the big TV. Declan says but.. but.. but the green light is red.
To which I abruptly awoke and asked... "What was that buddy?"
Declan said "I pushed the big button and it wasn't green, it was red."
A few choice words slipped out and I urgently took myself downstairs to my Television and Xbox....
You know those times when you know something will turn out how you DON'T want it to... but you keep repeating to yourself.... "Everything's good, everything's cool."
Everything was not cool. When I pushed the power button on my Xbox "THE RED RINGS OF DEATH" stared me in the face, as if to say... YOUR WORLD IS OVER!

Well, it isn't that dramatic, but I was in the middle of my first season of NCAA College Basketball, and I was doing rather well. (sigh) Needless to say, I am without the childish entertainment every adult male enjoys...... video games. It's a real good thing I have two very entertaining young kids to take up my time. Much better than any video game ever could be.

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Yeah I had no idea what this ring of death was till Stu explained. I am still fuzzy but understand...it is bad!!!