Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brotherly Love!

It might sound a little corny, but being young parents and seeing the interaction of our two young boys is something to see.
Just this morning at about 12:30 am, Lochlan was crying, and Kyrie was crawling out of bed to feed him... when...
Our bedroom door flew open and there stood a bright eyed, hands over his ears, concerned little man! D-Man!

He yelled to his mom, "What are you doing to my baby, mommy?"
"Why are you having him cry? I don't want him to cry!"
Kyrie, holding in the laughter, tells Declan "Your baby brother is hungery, I am going to feed him."
"Can I help feed him? I want to burp him. I will show you how to burp him."
Kyrie replies, "No buddy, you ned to go back to bed ok."
Declan says... and this is the touchy feely part....
(Picture Puss in Boots giving those kitty eyes)
"But mommy, my baby needs me."
At this point I have woken up and become the bad guy.... I pick up Declan and take him back to his room. All the while Declan was saying, "No no no, I want to be in your room with my baby."
As heartbreaking as it was it would be a day full of bad attitudes and timeouts if I didn't get him to sleep.... Within five minutes his whining was over and he was out cold.
Let's see if the brotherly love can last..... the jealousy monster has been kept at bay for now, and hopefully we can keep it caged.

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Declan is sooo cute. I don't think this brotherly love will wear off.