Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lochlan Edward Wehner

6 pounds 12 ounces.. 19 1/2 inches long


I guess the 3rd of August started off like any other Monday morning....Get up much earlier than I wanted to so I can get to work on time, shower, dress, and its off to work I go. About two hours into my "busy" day and I get a phone call. Kyrie hadn't been feeling all that well and was complaining of some pain on her left side. I left work and took her to her doctor's office. He ran some tests, performed some.. eh hem.... checks.... and tests... but couldn't find a likely cause of the pain. He immediately had me take her up to McKay-Dee Medical Center to be "observed."

It's funny how observing someone involves a lot of interactions, physical probing, and the need for multiple nurses to insert an IV line into her arm..... but observed they did. She was sent for a kidney ultrasound (there is an actual medical term for the type of ultrasound she got, but I am neither Stuart or Tiffany so the name escapes my memory.... so it was a kidney ultrasound). Love you guys..... lol.

after all the "observing" her doctor decided that it would be best for Kyrie and the baby to go ahead and perform the Cesarean section that day.... and within the next two hours of that decision we were on our way to the operating room. It was a little more nerve racking for Kyrie this go around.. for some reason walking into YOUR operating room on under your own power has a little more effect on the psyche than being wheeled in on your bed while being doped up so much your legs feel like they no longer exist. Needless to say Kyrs was nervous. After the doctors had stopped arguing over the type of music they wanted to listen to in the operating room, things got serious and the procedure began.

I, being the supporting husband that I am.... held the vomit pouch for Kyrie. This, though less beautiful and spectacular than the birth of a child is in fact an important role while doing the c-section. Everything went smoothly during surgery, and while they tied Kyrie's tubes and patched her up I went along to watch the nurses check Lochlan's vitals and get him cleaned up. He did great despite the suction tubes down the throat and up the nose. It really is hard to watch them handle this newly born infant as "rough" as they do. I know they are careful and know what they are doing....but still.... rough to watch as the new daddy.

After the circus out by the nursery settled down they took Kyrie into her postpartum room and shortly after brought little Lochlan in. I am very happy to say that the little guy had no need for reservations with the NICU, and has had first class care up at McKay-Dee Medical Center.

We are very happy to have this brand new addition to our family. His older brother, THE BIG BROTHER, Declan has been very excited and just a big helper with his little brother. It is very cute to see how curious and excited, not too mention protective of his little brother declan is. I think he will take on the older brother role very easily.

We appreciate all the visitors and phone calls. It means a lot to us to know so many of you care and want to share in our joy. Thank you.

AND.... I will most definitely try to keep this blog up to date much better from here on out... I am a bit of a slacker I know.... Sorry about that. LOL.

- The proud new Daddy.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

congrats guys he is so cute! two boys are the best!

Utah Warriors said...

He is so cute. I am glad everything went so well for you guys! I am glad you posted this link on facebook because of course Bobby didn't know any of the details.

The Varnadores said...

I am wiping my tears away reading this! What a beautiful family you have!! Your boys are gorgeous and God has blessed you with a amazing family and you deserve it! Congratulations to you and Kyrie! I wish I could've been there!

Stuart and Sarah said...

Love the blog and I LOVE the picture of Declan waving. That is just about the cutest picture EVER.

Stacey said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! We would like to add our congratulations to you guys, as well as welcome Lochlan to this wonderful world! :) He's adorable and he's lucky to have such great parents. Glad everyone is doing well, hope to see you guys soon!

h.wehner said...

Congrats Kyrie and Yoshi, he looks amazing, I'm excited to have another nephew, and i will try and be a better uncle, sorry D-man i have been dropping the ball. You guys gave me another cute one. Love you guys