Saturday, August 8, 2009

Adjusting to a full(er) house.



Coming home from the hospital yesterday was an exciting feeling, not too mention a relief that we were able to do so under a weeks time from the little guy's birth. Those of you that remember Declan's extended stay in the NICU will also appreciate the timely exit from the hospital as well.

Now for the fun part..... sleepless nights and getting all the household tenants acclimated to the new arrival. It hasn't been too difficult getting Delcan excited and happy about his little brother. He is definitely a helping hand... or two. He really does want to be involved in everything "baby." Especially Lochlan's swing.



Chewy..... oh Chewy. I was actually a little worried about bringing the baby home to the dog, not because I was worried about him mauling Lochlan or anything like that, but I wasn't sure how he would take to another attention seeking, eventual ear tugging, tail pulling, rough housing, food spilling, water dumping, noise maker. To my surprise, Chewy didn't seem to be too surprised or put off at all by the little guy. A couple sniffs and a walk around the car seat was all I got out of my fierce and protective guard dog. After that it was like Lochlan had been there just as long as Declan.

What will be an adjustment I will REALLY need to work on..... The getting up in the middle of the night for multiple feedings. No excuses here, it's just that sleeping always seems so far away and unreachable when you aren't able to get it.



Anyway, It was a real shock to both Kyrie and I's system to go from a full night sleep to up every hour.... You remember it from the first child... but you don't REMEMBER IT.

No worries though from here on out it will be the pitter patter of co-conspirator little feet.....

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

I must admit that is one thing I am nervous about with kids. I LOVE my full 8 hours of sleep and I don't know how I will do with less. But congrats on coming home!