Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ghost, Imaginary Friend, or a New Addition?


OK, I just want to let everyone know that I wasn't putting off posting another blog, even though Kyrie took care of that responsibility for me..... but don't worry, I am back and the entertainment can continue.

Here is the situation..... Kyrie wants to have another baby and it seems that she thinks it needs to be ASAP. Why? Well, our little survey didn't help but our little man, Declan has created a little... well.....interesting development.

The other day Kyrie came to me and told me that Declan was having a conversation in his room with what he says is "the baby." Kyrie asked what baby? To which he replied, "It is my baby bruver." Kyrie asked if his baby brother had a name and Dec said "Cody." I chalked this story up to Kyrie using the little guy as a scapegoat for her wanting to convince me that we should get pregnant...... Well...

Today I was checking my email, and Declan was chit chatting in his room. I peaked in and he was looking in the direction of his bed. I asked who he was talking to and he said "The baby by my bed." When I heard him say this I had one of those slow-motion, in the movies, kind of head turn toward his bed, you know, kind of expecting to see some kind of misshapen little zombie remains of a dead kid, more freakish than sixth sense but if Haley Joel Osmond can see dead people why not Declan, right?

Well, there was no walking dead kid in Dec's room, but he said that the "baby's name" is Cody. Kind of messed up but Kyrie is convinced that there is a little one up in heaven waiting for us.... I have a few other theories myself... Here they are... and Please, feel free to weigh in on what you think....

1. Declan has officially, mentally, and psychologically gone out of his little two year old mind.

2. He has developed an over active imagination and has his first imaginary friend, not too unusual.

3. There is a ghost baby living in my son's bedroom waiting for the perfect moment to turn on him, us, and the dog and straight-up possess our souls or murder us in our sleep..... can anyone say REDRUM?

4. He heard the name Cody and like it so he has named one of his stuffed animals Cody, and as adults and parents, we just "don't get it."

Well, that is the latest.... interesting..... goings on at the Wehner house. Definitely not a dull moment. God I love my kid!

5 comments:

Miss Liz said...

I persoanlly think it's cute, and so very true!
In regards to Kyrie's thought about a baby waiting for you in Heaven, well, I totally agree. I had the same feeling before we decided to try for Emma. I felt like a piece of our puzzle was missing, like we just weren't complete with out one more baby.
Go with you gut Kyrs! Honestly.... Cody Wehner doesn't sound half bad. Plus, Emma needs a cousin close to her age.....
Love you guys! Give the D-man kisses for me!

Brit said...

Ummm yeah... kinda freaky!! I still maintain that you've got a "Saturday's Warrior" thing going on, and little Cody is, in fact, in heaven, begging Declan to "don't forget his promise". Althoug, option 1 may not be that far off... he's been a little crazier than usual, lately!! :)

Stuart and Sarah said...

It is not summer 2009 yet! But then again if there is a little one waiting why deny them passage to Earth. I like your theories on Declan however. Cody...humm that works with the family names...
What happens when you get prego and have a girl? Could you still name her Cody?

Singing Reep said...

I think that there is a little Cody up there, who just can't WAIT to get down here.....and I also think that you two should wait until spring to try....so that little Cody could have little David as a friend!!! (Wink, Wink)....I'm just saying!

Emily May said...

I'm going to go with the power of suggestion on this one. Declan gets asked just about everyday by just about everyone if he wants a little brother or sister. He's probably just trying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about and this is his way of dealing with it. Still pretty damn cute though!!!

-Hyrum and Emmy