Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh Boy!


Growing up I only had Brit...I did not grow up with brothers and I didn't have any boy cousins my age. So imagine my surprise when the following takes place while Josh is at work...


I was in the shower when my two year old came barging in and asked me where my "peep" was. I was MORTIFIED! Josh was at work and I didn't want to be the one to explain this to my son. So I told him that I didn't have a "peep." He asked again, "Mama, where's your peep go?" and again I said, "I don't have one because I am a girl and girls don't have peeps." He looked at me and said, "Well, what's hanging behind my peep?" Now, being the grown up mom that I am, I tried really hard not to show my embarrassment or that I thought this was funny, and I calmly told him that, "that's apart of your peep." Declan looked at me and finally said, "Oh, so you don't go potty like daddy."


I am so grateful to have gotten through that step of motherhood without scaring Declan or myself. However, the next time Dec has one of "those" questions...I'm calling Josh!


2 comments:

Brit said...

Wow!! What an experience... I love "those" questions, and Dec seems to come up with a lot of them!!

Stuart and Sarah said...

That is AWESOME!! I love that kid