Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/2001.... Still Remembering



Seven years later and we still think about "THAT DAY." I don't think a time has gone by when I hear the phrase "September Eleventh" that I don't think about that morning, that week, the long war(s) that have followed and all the men and women that have died because of it. While at work someone had said, "You know what Thursday is don't you?" to which someone else replied, "Just another day." I hear this, and I know we all want it to just be another day, but it's not. It is the day in our lives, much like Pearl Harbor rocked our parents and grandparents, that we were scared. We were worried for our families, our friends, and our neighbors. I don't think we should just put this day up on the shelf, bind it between two covers and forget about it.... we NEED to remember it.



I know, much like everyone else, I can tell you exactly what I was doing, where I was, who I was with, and how I reacted when I saw those planes fly into the World Trade Center Towers. New York City, and the rest of the nation, with our diverse and independent way of thinking, became one. We all were on the same level, we became equal in the eyes of every other American, and not because we saw the same thing on television that morning, not because we were standing one block away from the eventual ground zero. We became united, because we are fellow AMERICANS. The land of the free and the home of the brave had just become much more vulnerable. We needed each other, through prayer, comfort, and the idea that we were ONE NATION UNDER GOD.



I also want to address those that think the whole idea of 9/11 was a government conspiracy.

ARE YOU INSANE!?!

Really? Why would any government, especially that of the greatest nation in the world, want to invoke fear and tragedy into the lives of their own citizens? Answer... They wouldn't. Please, instead of putting your arrogant and hateful attitude toward an administration that was in the White House less than a year at the time of the attacks aside, and think about the men and women risking their lives for a more peaceful World, not to mention all the people that lost their lives and loved ones in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C. "That Day." Think of them and put your selfish ideals aside for one day... ONE DAY.... September 11, 2008; and be proud to be an American, and proud of the progress we are trying to make after such a devastating blow to our nations freedoms, security, and liberty.

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Excellent wording. Thank you!!