Thursday, September 3, 2009

Poor Chewy

Chewy joined our family right after Josh and I were married back in 2004. He went from our little baby puppy to our 5 year old dog in what seems like overnight.

When Declan was born Chewy was very interested in this little bundle that had invaded his universe but couldn't figure out why the little bundle wasn't going away. Through the years, Chewy has learned that Declan is his play buddy and well as his best friend. Sure, he still loves Josh and me, but you can tell that there is quite the special "a boy and his dog" bond going on. I don't think Chewy enjoys some of the wrestling moves that Declan puts on him, but nevertheless Chewy still comes back for more!

Now that Lochlan had arrived we have thrown off his universe all over again!

Today, Chewy and I had quite the morning! Chewy is very good at getting up with me during night time feedings, I think he thinks I need the company. For the past couple of days Lochlan has been spitting up after he eats, I am not one who is good with spit up but ya just gotta truck on! At 9:00 am I was feeding Lochlan, he burped twice, then finished his bottle. Lochlan is really hard to get that last burp out of (and that is the one that you have to get out!) so I did the "lap burp" trick. Let's just say I got that last burp...and then some! Chewy happened to be sitting right under my feet and got puked on...and I mean all over!!! Chewy looked up at me with that "What the Heck" look. I wiped the baby down, laid him on his blanket, and then started chasing Chewy all over the house. When I would get near him, he would start shaking and run some more. So I spent most of the morning cleaning baby puke off of me, the baby, the dog, Declan, and my walls and furniture. Chewy didn't hold a grudge though, after everything was cleaned up, Chewy laid down on the blanket with Lochlan and Declan.

Love, Kyrs

6 comments:

Lance and Nicole said...

Oh man, I don't know why, but I laughed out loud at that! I can just imagine the dog sitting there looking up after being thrown up on and then running around with you chasing him. Ha Ha Ha!

Brit said...

I think the title of this post couldn't be anymore perfect if you'd tried... POOR CHEWY!!

Brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Hey Kyrie how's the new babe? I wanted to let you know I had to make my blog private. If you e-mail me your e-mail I will add you. Let me know if you need anything? Thanks,
Misty

Brit said...

I thought Josh was going to blog about his trip to Co... where is it???

Brit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.