Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Conversations with Declan

Wow! It sure has been a LONG time! When Josh mentioned that he wanted to start this blog to entertain with his writing skills I warned him that he would not keep up on his posts thus making the blog...BORING! I also told him at that time that I REFUSED to blog! Not that I am against it, but I do update facebook with the happenings of our life and didn't think I would have time to update a blog as well. Well, since Josh has jumped off of the blogging bandwagon, I have decided that I would post some funny conversations that I have had with Declan. I have posted these on facebook, but I wanted to "journal" them as well. Please enjoy! Love, Kyrie

December 4, 2009: Conversation between Declan and Grandma @ 8:30 last night: Grandma: "Happy Birthday little man. Sleep Good." Declan: "Thank you, but it's not my birhtday anymore."

January 12, 2010: Declan-Daddy spilled my gatorade when he stopped the car. Me-Oh, does that mean that I have blue gatorade all over my car? Declan-No, it's on my coat, so I can't go to school anymore. Me-It's OK buddy, I can wash it. Declan-No Mommy, it's ruined. I can't go to school!

January 14, 2010: Declan was getting off of the bus from his field trip yesterday, looked at the bus driver and said..."Oh, you do speak our language." Turns out the bus driver was caucasion. When I asked Declan what language he speaks (since he speaks english and is learning spanish) he looks at me and said..."Just the language of the house." I truly wonder what is going through his little mind!!!

January 20, 2010: Last night I was putting Lochlan to bed after his 10:00 bottle. Declan sat up in his bed, looked at me, and said, "I just gave him a nut." I asked, "Who did you give a nut to?", hopeing it wasn't Loch earlier in the day. He replied, "The Squirrel, I just gave him a nut." Then he laid back down and passed out!

February 5, 2010: Declan-"Mommy, you need a time out!" Me-" Oh PLEASE can I really have one?!?!" Look of confusion on the 4 years old face...PRICELESS!

February 10, 2010: While getting Declan ready for bed...2 hours after dinner! Declan- "Mommy, remember when I told you I ate all my chicken and I was a good boy?" Me-"Yes." Declan-"I didn't eat all my chicken mom. I gave some to Chewy and threw the rest in the garbage!" Declan:1...Kyrie: Nothin'

February 18, 2010: Last night it looked like Declan was snuggled in his blankets with his head under the pillow. When I went to kiss him, the blankets and pillows squished down. I go into my room and there is Declan, curled up in a ball on my bed. So I asked him this morning why he fell asleep in my bed, and he said, "I made it yook y...ike I was in my bed, but I wasn't!" Sneaky little bugger!

March 5, 2010: Sent Declan to school in a really cute bright pink polo shirt (from the boys section!), he fought me all morning about putting it on him saying it was a girl shirt. When I got home from work, Josh informed me that the girls at school were teasing him so bad that he took it off while at school. Poor little guy, I hope I didn't scar him for life!!!

March 17, 2010: Me: Declan, I think a Leprechaun was in your room last night. Declan: No he wasn't. I made a shamrock. Me: Why don't you look and see what he did? Declan: Oh my gosh, mom! He left me a Buzz Lightyear and a green shirt! Me: See what happens when you make shamrocks? The Leprechaun becomes nice and leaves things instead... of takes them! And that's how a working mom celebrates St. Patrick's Day with her little man!!

March 29, 2010: Declan-"Mommy, soda is not beer." Me-"You're right, soda is not beer." Declan-"So, I can have beer since it's not soda!" Me-"Um...No, you cannot not have beer. It has alcohol." How does a 4 year old come up with this logic?!?!

April 12, 2010: Declan turned on the weather channel last night, just as it was talking about the tornado that went through Atlanta in 2008. He looks at me and says "Oh mom, we can't go there. Did you see how messy it is?" Yes...worry about the mess, don't focus on the freaking TORNADO!!!!

April 13, 2010: Declan-"Moooom (whiny voice)-this tooth-taste does NOT taste like bubble gum. You told a lie!"

April 26, 2010: Declan: "Mommy, girls toot and boys fart." (followed by Dec laughing hysterically!)

April 28, 2010: Taking Dec to bed last night: Declan-"Mommy, I am going to get rid of you." Me-"Dec, why would you want to get rid of me?" Declan-"Because you're a No Mom. You never let me do AnyHing and your making me go to bed. That makes me sad." Have I ever mentioned that Declan is a DRAMA KING when he's tired???

So, there you have it! Declan, my little twerp, in a nutshell!


3 comments:

Brit said...

I am so glad you took my advice - aren't I the smartest sister you ever did saw??? haha! We'll all be so glad that you blogged these - when evil FB deletes all your old statuses!! LOVE YOU!

Stuart and Sarah said...

FINALLY someone has updated this blog. Thank you Kyrie!

Star said...

ha ha ha. He is such a funny and bright little boy!